2015 has been a whirlwind, in the best way. We moved from our first apartment into our first house. Both Bradley and I got new and amazing jobs. Our first vacation was a cool road trip to Asheville, and we spent Independence Day camping on the river. 2015 was a sweet sweet year. And now, to set myself up for 2016.
Every year I do this.
Every year, I set some kind of ridiculous goals, knowing fully how busy and committed I am. I set goals that I can not accomplish.
This past year, I've learned a lot about intentions. Intentions are like goals, but they are real. They are measurable. Intentions are something you intend to do, not something you hope you accomplish.
- Go on vacation with Bradley at least once. - I will even include stay-cation in this one.
- Have a proper 'date night' at least once a month. - Does not include pool, bars, etc. Must dress up, must eat dinner.
- Be active for at least 15 minutes every day. - Dancing, jumping jacks, jogging, really anything.
- Get house organized and fully unpacked. - EVEN BASEMENT. We moved in right before holiday season, ok guys?
- Quit smoking - I've failed the last two years. I'm ready to change now.
- Get my passport.
- Post at least once a week.
- Bradley and I begin and follow through with cooking through a cookbook (more to come on that one!)
- Get my wardrobe down to 50 core pieces. - Some exceptions will be made for costumes/dj clothes ; )
- Bring my lunch to work every day for the month of January.
- Set up a budget
- Organize my calendar/set cleaning times
So there you have it. No sweeping declarations, no lofty goals. Just a few simple things I really want to do this year that I don't always do. It seems these days most people scoff at New Years Resolutions, but any reason for a 'fresh start' is a good one. Whether you choose to make your fresh start on a new year, a new week, a new day or even just 20 minutes from now, you can. You can begin again.